Residents of Mokwerero Ward in Kitutu Chache North were left in shock after the body of a Grade One pupil was found stuffed in a sack and dumped in an unoccupied house.
According to villagers, the boy had been missing since Thursday last week. His parents had been searching for him across the area until a foul smell coming from the abandoned house prompted residents to investigate.
Inside the house, they discovered the body concealed in a sack.
Area Chief Joseph, who identified himself only by his first name, said he was informed immediately and alerted police officers from Kitutu Chache North.
Police officers responded to the scene, retrieved the body, and moved it to Nyamira County Referral Hospital Mortuary, where a postmortem examination is expected to establish the cause of death.
“The boy was a pupil at Mokwerero Primary School. We are waiting for the postmortem results to establish what caused his death,” Chief Joseph said.
Residents said they could not immediately establish what led to the boy’s death and called on police to conduct thorough investigations and bring those responsible to justice.
The incident has left the community shaken, with parents expressing concern over the safety of children in the area.
READ ALSO: Parents in sorrow as Grade 5 learner drowns in swamp in Kisii
Police confirmed that investigations into the incident had already commenced and that officers were pursuing leads to identify suspects.
By Enock Okong’o
You can also follow our social media pages on Twitter: Education News KE and Facebook: Education News Newspaper for timely updates.
>>> Click here to stay up-to-date with trending regional stories
>>> Click here to read more informed opinions on the country’s education landscape





